Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top 10 items you DON'T NEED as a new parent

Ever feel overwhelemed as a new parent when you walk into those baby stores? I sure did. As a new parent, I wish I knew what we didn't need. So, because I found out the hard way, here is a list of the top 10 things you don't need for a baby as a new parent.

10.  Baby powder: Still not quite sure what it is used for.



9. Wipe warmer: Nobody warms up my toilet paper...



8. Bottle Warmer: Hot water and a bowl works just fine.



7. Shoes: Cute, not functional. I am just starting to put shoes on our daughter now that she is 8 months old.


6. Robes:Too many changes- baby is going straight from bathtub to towel.



5. Baby bathtub: Two words- kitchen sink.



4. Baby Bullet: A blender or food processor works just fine. Plus, your baby bullet most likely will break anyways.




3. LOTS of toys: Let's be honest folks, half of your childs life you are going to get them epic toy items and they are going to have more fun playing with the cardboard box it came in. Toys are great, but you don't need a ton.



2. Baby oil : still have not used it. It is a great eye makeup remover though!



1. Stroller: Ah yes, the stroller. The most complicated of them all. Ours was a gift and as much as I absolutely love it (it's a jogger), we use it the least of all or our baby items. They are big and bulky and it is just way more functional to have our daughter in a front carrier. So, if you are on a baby budget, I say eliminate the stroller unless you have multiples.




Remember mommas, I am just on a need vs want system. Even though we didn't need the stroller, I still wanted it anyways and I jog with it for sure. But if it wasn't a gift, we probably wouldn't have had it in the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment