Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reflection. Not the one in the mirror...

A year ago at this time, I was a swollen beach ball with a belly monster inside. I could eat whatever I wanted, work a full time job, take uninterrupted baths, and go to the movies. It was awesome, in a pregnant awesome kind of way. (of course, due to the amnesia of post pregnancy, I already forgot what it felt like, so I guess I'll just have to do it over again!)





One year later,  our lil cracken is a crazy crawling loving bald baby. I can still eat whatever I want (yes, breastfeeding!) but I quit my job, cannot take uninterrupted baths, go to the movies or have a  moment of silence to myself. My mama job is 24/7/365, with no vacations, no breaks, and no alone time. And it is the best paying job in the world!






It is the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. I am so thankful for my healthy family, my loving husband, and my crazy child. I wasn't quite sure about the whole mom thing when I was pregnant, but now that I am a full time mom, I wouldn't trade it in for the world. Thanks to my awesome husband for working so hard so that I can be a full time Domestic Engineer!

And here is to the future of many more kiddos running around!

Happy 2012 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment