Monday, October 22, 2012

THE experiment.

Ok, I will admit it, having a kid is a science experiment. My mother once told me that, and I finally believe her. I mean, hey, let's go to bookstore, buy all the books we can about parenting and thats EXACTLY how it is going to go. Or so I thought.

I remember when my husband and I decided we wanted to get pregnant. Oh, the dreams if our sweet lil babe laughing and playing, going to sleep at 6 o'clock while we got to revel in our time together, watching movies and living the dream. C'mon, isn't that what we all have pictured? No matter how many times our parents and friends told us to get ready for the "up-all-night-feedings-I-want-to-be-held 24/7/365-life-will-completely-change-because-of-me," I just didn't think life would change that much. I was prepared, I GOT THIS, I would think knowing that my career was working with kids.

And so here I am, trying to make it through life one experiment at a time. There is no book, no guide, no yellow brick road to tell you where to go or what to do, just you and the decisions you make. Hence the blog. Everytime I chatted with my best friend about our adventures in raising a family, she said, you should write about this. I thought, why not, even if only parent reads it and thinks, hey, I'm not alone....


Science Experiment #1


Pickin cute right?



Well, I suppose I am super biased since I am the one that carried the belly monster around for 9 months.  I have decided that God made babies so adorable to help get us through the crying, the all night parties  at the breastaurant, and lots of dirty diapers. Because you can't get mad when you are looking at that face. Just sayin. More anectodes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment